Thursday, October 6, 2016

Twenty Questions for @McCaffreyKristy

Recently on Facebook, a 'Twenty Question' game was going around for authors, so I thought I'd post my contribution here on my blog.

1.) What is your Author name?
      Kristy McCaffrey

2.) What is the first book you ever published?
      The Wren

Original Cover
Updated Cover

3.) What is your publiversary?
2003 (I think it was June, I can’t remember now).

4.) What is your favorite book you've written thus far?
      The Wren (because it was my first).

5.) What book took you the longest to write?
      The Sparrow


Original Cover
Updated Cover

6.) How long did it take you?
      About 6 years, although I stopped writing for a bit.

7.) What kind of music (if any) do you listen to while you write?
      I make playlists on my iPod for each book. I listen to a lot of 70’s music (Chicago, Fleetwood Mac, Boston). I also use soundtracks (favorites are The Quick and the Dead, Bad Girls, Pirates of the Caribbean, Snow White and the Huntsman, and Anchorman 2).

8.) Who is your favorite character from any of your books?
I love all of them but I do have a special fondness for Molly Hart from ‘The Wren’.

9.) What are you currently working on?
I’m writing the first book in a new contemporary adventure romance series I hope to launch next spring. The first book is titled DEEP BLUE and features a marine biologist studying great white sharks in Baja, Mexico and a hunky underwater filmmaker who is making a documentary about her.

10.) Do you have anything you snack on while you write?
      I chew a lot of sugar-free gum.

11.) What is a favorite quote or line from one of your books?
     That’s a difficult question. I’ve recently been pulling one-liners from my books to post on Twitter, so here’s one from ‘The Blackbird’.

His lips tenderly met hers, and with it a león de montaña gentled a frightened blackbird.




12.) Are you a self-published or a traditional published author?
      I’m self-published but I also work with a small publisher on various projects.

13.) What is your writing inspiration?
      I love storytelling, so I’m constantly soaking up narratives by reading and watching movies and television series.

14.) What genre do you write?
Historical western romance, but soon to include contemporary adventure.

15.) Do you have any writing rituals?
      I find it very difficult to write in the morning so I do business matters then. I write in the afternoons. It frequently ruins dinner for my husband LOL.

16.) Do you have a specific place you write?
      I write at my desk.

17.) Do you have any advice for inspiring writers?
      Learn the craft but nurture your intuitive abilities. A good story is always about emotion and less about perfect writing skills.          

18.) What are your writing goals?
      To produce entertaining stories.

19.) What authors inspire you and your writing?
      There are too many to list here. I’m part of a very supportive network of women who write western romances and I’ve learned much from them.

20.) What will be your next release?
      The Bluebird on October 31, 2016.



4 comments:

  1. Kristy,

    I read this on FB and enjoyed it, and I doubly enjoyed re-reading it here. :-) I particularly like the comparison of the original cover to the updated covers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fun to learn about your writing rituals. I like the topic for your next series. In sure it has been fun for you to draw on your experience for your marine biologist character.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes. I still haven't convinced my husband to go shark cage diving with me though. Take care, Marianne. :-)

      Delete