Thursday, September 3, 2020

The Pathway Series is now in Kindle Unlimited

By Kristy McCaffrey

Find the series at Amazon

I'm pleased to share that the Pathway series is now enrolled in the Kindle Unlimited Program. What does this mean? If you buy your eBooks from Amazon, nothing will change for you. The books will still be available for purchase, but they are also ‘borrowable’ in the KU subscription program.

If you read your digital books via Nook, Kobo, Apple or Google Play, these titles are no longer available. But what about NEW books in the series? That’s a great question! When I have a new Pathway release (novel or novelette), I’ll publish it wide for 1-2 weeks before moving it into KU. This will give those that buy books via the other platforms a chance to grab them.

Why am I doing this? For the last two years, I’ve struggled to find a readership for this series. I have a small but growing fandom at Amazon, but very little on the other platforms. It’s been frustrating because I’ve tried many things to get traction, but to no avail. I LOVE this series and I want to keep writing it, so I was forced to take a hard look at the economics of producing each book. I’m hopeful that KU will at least help me to break even. (For those that may not know, books included in KU are required to be exclusive to Amazon.) So please know that this decision wasn’t made lightly. The book publishing industry is a constantly evolving beast and especially for indie authors such as myself, that flexing can sometimes be painful. But my hope is to be an author for the long haul, so I’ll do what I can to make that happen.

Please note: the novellas BLUE SAGE and THE PEPPERMINT TREE have also been enrolled in KU. Print copies of all the books are still available and are unaffected by this transition. You can purchase them from Amazon or directly from me.

Second note: this decision does NOT include my Wings of the West series. These books will remain for sale at Amazon, Nook, Kobo, Apple and Google Play.

Thank you for all your support! I truly appreciate it.

Peace,
Kristy
xoxo

Would you like a sneak peek of Ancient Winds (Book 3)?

In the jungle, there are no barriers …

Brynn Galloway doesn’t know it, but her academic career in archaeology is about to become a laughingstock. When a rare Sumerian artifact surfaces, her presence is requested in Bolivia, but nothing is as it seems. Soon, she’s entangled in a desperate hunt not only for a valuable antiquity but also for answers to humanity that might stretch across time. And by her side is a sexy mercenary physicist with a maddening belief in space aliens.

Dr. Tristan Magee is in a bad mood. When his latest acquisition—an unusual and as yet untranslated Sumerian cuneiform tablet—is stolen right out from under him and spirited away to the Bolivian jungle, he’ll do whatever it takes to get it back. Unfortunately, that includes partnering with a female archaeologist who proves to be the kind of distraction that brought down civilizations.

Coming Soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment